NASEMSO 2014 Mid-Year Meeting
& EMS Drug Shortages Summit
Mar. 3-5, 2014
Rosen Centre Hotel, Orlando, Florida
The NASEMSO 2014 Mid-Year Meeting Mobile App is now available!
The NASEMSO Mid-Year Meeting purpose is to address emergency medical services and homeland security legislative and regulatory issues; the EMS work force; NASEMSO project updates (model rules for ambulance vehicle design, model interstate compact for personnel licensure, model EMS clinical guidelines, air medical task force, intelligent transportation and traffic incident management developments, and model trauma plan); the National EMS Education Standards project; and more.
NASEMSO Medical Directors Council will host the EMS Drug Shortages Summit on Mar. 5, in conjunction with the 2014 Mid-Year Meeting. Nationally known speakers will update participants on the status of this ongoing challenge and provide strategies for management of medication shortages in the prehospital environment. Presentations included:
- Drug Shortages: Causes, Progress, and Strategies, Erin R. Fox, PharmD, FASHP, Director, Drug Information Service, University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics, and Adjunct Associate Professor University of Utah College of Pharmacy.
- Managing Emergency Drug Shortages in EMS, James Augustine, MD, EMS Medical Director in Atlanta, Dayton, and Naples, FL.
- Navigation Between a Rock and a Hard Place, Carol A. Cunningham, MD, FAAEM, FACEP, Ohio EMS Medical Director, Ohio Dept. of Public Safety, Division of EMS, Columbus, OH.
- EMS Drug Shortages: the States Respond, Peter Taillac, MD, Clinical Professor, University of Utah School of Medicine, and Medical Director, Utah Bureau of EMS and Preparedness.
- Florida Drug Shortage Task Force, Cory S. Richter, Chairman, Florida EMS Advisory Council (EMSAC), and Florida Drug Shortage Task Force.
The NASEMSO Mid-Year Meeting is planned for members of NASEMSO and federal officials with a role in emergency medical services. Affiliated organizations and individuals with an interest in NASEMSO activities are welcome to attend.
Rosen Centre Hotel
9840 International Drive
- NASEMSO room rate is $159 single/double for our members for the nights of Mar. 2-5, 2013.
- The reservation deadline is Feb. 9, 2014 or until the NASEMSO block is sold out.
- Make your reservation online.
- Rooms may also be booked by calling 1-800-204-7234.
- Reference "NASEMSO Mid-Year Meeting" to secure the $159 guest room rate.