EMS Links: Resources
Association of State and Territorial Heath Officials
- Fukushima Nuclear Reactor Radiation Crisis: A National Review of the U.S. Domestic Public Health and Medical Response, May 2012
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Blast Injuries: Essential Facts
- Surge Capacity for Terrorist Bombings
- Interim Planning Guidance for Preparedness and Response to a Mass Casualty Event Resulting from Terrorist Use of Explosives
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Resource established by B. Wayne Blanchard, Ph.D. in 2017, with the objective of the site to be the most complete and authoritative source in one place on the deadliest American/U.S. disasters and other large-loss-of-life events (10 or more lives lost). New material is added, and existing material updated regularly.
Defense & Veterans Brain Injury Center
The ECG Learning Center in Cyberspace
Emergency Medical Services Cost Analysis Project
- EMSCAP Workbook (Excel)
- EMSCAP Workbook Guide (PDF)
- For more information, visit the EMS Cost Analysis Project page here.
EMedicine From Medscape
The Second Quarter 2017 Patient Safety and Provider Violence reports have been posted on the website. To access the reports, go to the website and click on the report type, then follow the links on the left side, or simply use these links:
Federation of Associations of Regulatory Boards (FARB)
Fire Science Online
Online Paramedic & EMT Programs
Gateway to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Information
The George Washington University - online health services degree programs
HealthFinder (guide to health info from
U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services)
Healthy People 2020
Johns Hopkins Antibiotic Guide
MedLine (U.S. National Library of Medicine (NIH)
MDLinx (daily medical news)
National Conference of State Legislatures
Video: "The Right Patient, the Right Place, the Right Time: A Look at Trauma and Emergency Medical Services Policy in the States"
National EMS Memorial Bike Ride
National Emergency Management Association
Paramedic Training Spot
Resources to learn about paramedic training and careers.
- EPA site on unwanted radioactive material at scrap or recycling facilities.
- NRS poster on visually identifying possible radioactive sources.
- CDC links to information on radiation emergencies and how to protect yourself (for the public and for responders).