2009 Mid-Year Meeting
The NASEMSO 2009 Mid-Year Meeting
June 8-9, 2009
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
- Mid-Year Meeting Program (as of 05/25/09)
- Data Managers Council Mid-Year Meeting Agenda
- Domestic Preparedness Mid-Year Meeting Agenda
- EMSC Council Mid-Year Meeting Agenda
- Training Coordinators Council Mid-Year Meeting Agenda
- Trauma Managers Council Mid-Year Meeting Agenda
- EMSC Program Update, CAPT Dan Kavanaugh, MSW, LCSW-C, Federal EMSC Program
- What's New at CDC, Richard C. Hunt, MD, FACEP, Director, Division of Injury Response, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The National Emergency Care Enterprise, Robert R. Bass, MD, FACEP, Maryland Institute for EMS Systems, State EMS Director Representative on FICEMS
- National Preparedness MetricsTCL Implementation Project, Josh Dozer, Policy Branch Director, Department of Homeland Security
- The EMS Education Agenda for the Future: Transition Strategies, Dan Manz, Vermont State EMS Director
- Helicopter Utilization, Robert R. Bass, MD, FACEP
- EMS Occupational Risks, Brian J. Maguire, Dr.PH, MSA, EMT-P,
Clinical Associate Professor,
Research Director, Associate Graduate Program Director, Department of Emergency Health Services, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
The NASEMSO Mid-Year Meeting purpose is to address emergency medical services and homeland security legislative and regulatory issues, the EMS work force, NASEMSO project updates (pandemic flu, mentor program, air medical task force, intelligent transportation/traffic incident management developments, model trauma plan), the National EMS Education Standards project, and more.
The NASEMSO Mid-Year Meeting is planned for members of NASEMSO and federal officials with a role in emergency medical services.
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
5000 Seminary Road
- Telephone 1-800-445-8667 for hotel reservations.
- Reference “NAS” to secure the NASEMSO rate of $209 (federal per diem). This rate will be honored three days pre- and post-meeting, based on availability.
- Reservation deadline is May 8, 2009. The Hilton will honor NASEMSO’s rate until this date or until the NASEMSO room block is sold out, whichever occurs first.
- If you are also attending the EMSC Grantee Meeting, you will not have to change rooms if you book a few nights in our block and a few nights in HRSA's blook. Ideally, you should be able to book your entire stay in NASEMSO's block depending on availability.
- The Hilton Alexandria Mark Center offers a complimentary shuttle to/from Reagan National (DCA). The shuttle runs from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. It departs the hotel on the hour and the half-hour, which means that it arrives at the airport (to drop off and pickup) at 15 minutes past the hour and 45 minutes past the hour.
- NASEMSO 2009 Mid-Year Meeting (information and presentations)
- NASEMSO 2008 Mid-Year Meeting (information and presentations)
- NASEMSO 2007 Mid-Year Meeting (information and presentations)